Wednesday, February 17, 2010

She told me she was a christian and a pineapple and a lesbian.

She told me she was a christian and a pineapple and a lesbian. I knew that the Mary on the dashboard was not ironic, without asking. I also knew straight away that she meant no harm and maybe she knew the same thing of me. That even beyond the illusion of the nice suit, I was harmless, just some lost and drunk guy, at the edge of a carless boulevard, stranded, in the middle of the night. One lone crystalline tear trailing down his cheek...just kidding there, couldn't not. I passed the gutter test, once again, but a few days later sitting sober by the pool, it occurred to me that my luck may be soon running out and that Los Angeles was not Traverse City, and that my next free ride may not turn out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment